The Art Hall organizes and takes part in several events each year, and loves being involved in its local community! We are always forming partnerships with interesting individuals, groups, and other local businesses. See our calendar below and our Events page for further information. Have an event you think should be on our calendar? Contact us!
Read about other things we are proud of at the bottom of this page!
The Art Hall at Open Streets OKC, Sunday, April 8, 2018, 12-4pm
Join us outside the NW 23rd Street entrance to the gallery (near Walker Avenue) for children's art activities as part of the 2018 Open Streets OKC annual event. Family and pet friendly! For more info see the Open Streets website.
OSSM Art Department Annual Fundraiser & Opening Reception for Donald B. Nevard, Friday, May 4th, 2018, 6-10pm
We are thrilled to announce our next exhibition which will feature artwork by Oklahoma School of Science and Math students shown alongside African travel photography by Donald B. Nevard. Please join us on Friday, May 4th, from 6-10pm, for the Oklahoma School of Science and Math Art Department Annual Fundraiser and opening reception for Mr. Nevard. Drinks and bites courtesy of The Art Hall and OSSM.
The exhibition will be on view through mid-August, 2018. Stay tuned for more info!
Other press and cool things you should know about The Art Hall!
- In December of 2017, Curator Helen Opper was featured on the Inspiring Conversations Podcast Series! Listen to the podcast in two segments, here and here.
- Oklahoma's own Red Dirt Report gave us a fun and unique write-up in summer 2017. Check it out!
- In January of 2017, owner Anna Russell and Curator Helen Opper were featured on local Mostly Harmless Media's We Apologize for the Inconvenience podcast! We had a blast talking casually about the genesis of the gallery, our backgrounds, the local art scene, and some silly future exhibition ideas. Visit their site and scroll to Episode #104 to listen to our podcast (as well as tons of others about cool stuff in OKC)!
- Our friends at the Gazette gave the gallery a nice mention in an article about Art Hall artists Susan Morrison-Dyke and Tony Dyke, in December 2016.
- The OK Gazette recognized our gallery as an important addition to the local OKC art scene with a fantastic write-up in November 2016. Please give the article a read!
Fringe Women Artists of Oklahoma at The Art Hall Opening Reception, February 2nd, 2018 6-9pm
The Art Hall is thrilled to host the artists of Fringe Women Artists of Oklahoma for our next exhibition! Please join us for the opening reception on February 2nd, 6-9pm. Stop by before or after Paseo First Friday!
Fringe is up to some fantastic things and we are very excited to help them kick off their year!
The exhibition will be on view through April, 2018.
Holiday Pop-Up Sale and Party, Friday, December 8, 2017, 4-8pm
Join Art Hall staff, artists, and friends, as we show and sell our small artworks and other wares during a casual holiday gathering in the gallery. Some drinks and snacks provided. Local, original artwork makes the BEST holiday gift!
Afrikanation Art Supply Donation Drive, November 1-December 15, 2017
The Art Hall is proud to be an official Drop Zone for the Afrikanation Art Supply Donation Drive, from November 1 to December 15, 2017! Please bring new or gently used children's and professional art supplies to be donated to Millwood Arts Academy in Oklahoma City and the Hargeisa Children's Orphanage in Hargeisa, Somalia. See the organization's Facebook page for more information.
Shop Small Saturday, November 25, 2017
Saturday, November 25 is the 2017 annual Small Business Saturday, also known as Shop Small Saturday. Sponsored by American Express, many local businesses offer discounts and specials to encourage local shopping. The Art Hall hopes you will shop for local art with us! Tote bags available at participating businesses.
Concert with Guitarist Michael Fresonke, It's All Rock To Me! on November 16, 2017
Join us on November 16, 2017 for two concerts featuring guitarist Michael Fresonke. Two shows, at 6pm and 7:30pm. A short Curator's Talk will precede the concert. A limited number of chairs will be provided for $5 each, cash only at the door. Standing room will also be available. Bring your own refreshments, if desired.
Yoga + Art at the Teahouse, November 12
Join yogi Megan Burnett on Sunday, November 12, at 10:45am for an all-levels yoga class in The Art Hall. Tickets include the yoga class and a tea at the Urban Teahouse next door.